A quick no-cook recipe for supremely rich and nutty brownies. They’re as easy as a box mix to make, but they’re packed full of goodness with no refined flour or sugar! Raw, vegan and gluten-free.
1 cup walnuts (pecans are nice too)
2 heaped tbsp raw cacao powder
1 cup medjool dates, pitted and chopped
a pinch of sea salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 cup rice or quinoa puffs
1 tbsp organic coconut oil
2 tbsp ground flaxseed
3-4 tbsp filtered water (tap water will do too)
almond butter, for topping (optional)
- Place the walnuts, cacao powder, dates, salt, cinnamon, rice or quinoa puffs, coconut oil and flaxseed in a food processor.
- Add 3 tablespoons of the water and blend until the mixture is moist and chunky but not too runny. Add more water if needed.
- Line a 20cm square baking tin with baking paper, then press the mixture firmly and evenly into the tin.
- If you are adding the topping, spread the almond butter over the brownie mixture. Sprinkle with cacao powder and some chopped up nuts if you have any left – so pretty!
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Remove from the fridge and cut.
This recipe comes from our lovely client Clare (originally a Jessica Sepel creation). For this and more of Clare’s favourite recipes check out the noticeboard in the studio.